Heart: Essence Lipliner in Femme Fatale & Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick Hot Passion

Nothing in my book!

The latest additions to my red lip stash are Covergirl Lip Perfection lipstick in Hot Passion and Essence Lip Liner in Femme Fatale.ย The Lip Perfection Covergirl lipsticks are oldies, but goodies. What more can I say?ย These lipsticks have been reviewed to death, so I will just leave you to enjoy the swatches.

I’m not the greatest at applying lip liner and sometimes have to do a second attempt, but with a colour like this I wouldn’t care if there was a flock of birds living in my hair. Red lipstick is like a magic wand to make your day insta-awesome.

What is your favourite lip colour? 100 points to anyone who can guess mine. I starts with an R, ends with a D, and has an E in the middle…

12 Comments on What’s Better Than Red Lips?

1. simplebeauty8312
    August 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm (5 years ago)

I just purchased my first red lipstick! Now I just need to work up the nerve to wear or outside of my house.

August 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm (5 years ago)

I was exactly the same with my first red lippy, I wanted to wear it so badly but was so shy! You should just do it (then work up the courage to share on your blog lol!), red lips are ultimate glam ๐Ÿ˜€

I’d love to see when you finally do!

2. Mariana
    August 28, 2012 at 3:41 pm (5 years ago)

That lipstick looks sooo nice and creamy! ๐Ÿ™‚ My fave lip color is anything rosey! If the word “rose” is a part of the shade name, i’ll most likely love the color. haha

August 28, 2012 at 11:16 pm (5 years ago)

Haha, that’s a great way to know if you will like the colour ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Amanda (Mae)
    August 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm (5 years ago)

oohhh those colors are gorgeous! I have been trying for years to find the right red lip that is not hooker-ish as well as matches my skin tone without bringing out my red undertone, and some tend to make your teeth look yellow…. such work! hahah maybe I will try to look again , I had given up. But with red being the “new” color I am more than sure I should be able to find the right color for me now.

August 28, 2012 at 11:20 pm (5 years ago)

Haha, hooker-ish! I know exactly what you mean, you’d think red is just red, but I’ve had so many hits and misses.

My top three (so far) are a Revlon shade (cant remember the name sorry, its a vintage looking gold tube, thats super helpful I know lol), Avon Brilliance Lipstick in Brilliant Ruby and MAC Lady Danger.

I actually bought MAC Lady Danger without trying it first and was so over the moon with the shade. It is amazing! If I could recommend only one shade to anyone it would be this one.

๐Ÿ™‚

• Amanda (Mae)
        August 29, 2012 at 12:04 am (5 years ago)

Thanks! Ill try them! ๐Ÿ™‚

August 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm (5 years ago)

Red! Haha… The image on your arm is so vibrant, I can’t look away. It’s really a gorgeous color. Assuming that’s is a picture of you and your daughter below? She is just as beautiful as her mama! <3

August 28, 2012 at 11:22 pm (5 years ago)

Aww thank you so much! She is my blogger in training, always picking out lipsticks and telling me what to photograph lol!

Just yesterday I was doing photos for an upcoming post and all of a sudden there she was behind me with a arm FULL of nail polishes saying ‘Here Mum… you need to take a picture of these…’

๐Ÿ˜€

• My Lucite Dreams
        August 28, 2012 at 11:37 pm (5 years ago)

Haha! So sweet ๐Ÿ™‚

5. aquahlekkergarla
    September 4, 2012 at 8:14 am (5 years ago)

red lips is the way these days,i used to feel it was strong but it gives that edgy feminine look..i love it though i own only one hahahaha i must work on the collection….and this red is beautiful…..

September 4, 2012 at 8:46 am (5 years ago)

Haha, it does seem a little odd to have a collection of red, doesn’t it? One great one is all you need!

I used to be terrified of red and strong colours! I’m so glad I beat my fear, they are so beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚