Wearing Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in ‘Flushed’

Seen your local Revlon display lately? Photoready Cream Blushes have landed in Australia! I’m excited to swatch and review the shades Flushed and Pinched from my recent haul. So far, I am in love! There’s something about a flush of colour that could almost pass as natural glow, that makes me swoon.

L: Flushed, R: Pinched

In recent years I’ve been afraid of cream blush, but secretly always wanted to make it work. I have large angry pores that need more attention than a neglected house plant, but surprisingly, this cream blush doesn’t make them worse. It’s a miracle!

Calling them a cream blush might frighten those of you with oily skin and large pores, but the formula is really not as scary as it sounds. It dries to a matte looking, almost powdery finish. The consistency is silky soft. It reminds me of mousse foundation, squishy and spongy.

L: Flushed, R: Pinched

Flushed Review:
This blush gives an immediate pop of colour, and a little goes a long way. What I loved most was it’s ability to give me a beautiful wash of ‘yeah that’s right, my cheeks are naturally this fabulous’ colour. My foundations tend to be medium-dark, which can make wearing pink incredibly tricky. The wrong pink, or too much of it, will find you in the M.V.Z – Makeup Victim Zone. I want to look fresh, not fleshly slapped.

Thats where Flushed comes in, all blazing in it’s awesomeness. It added colour, brightened my whole look, and did so with grace. It also lasted a while, which is great. It certainly didn’t fade as quickly as I expected it would. There is no shimmer, so it’s as natural looking as it gets. Overall, this was worth every penny (mine was purchased in the US).

Pinched Review:
I was really terrified this colour would be invisible on my skin tone (I bought it without being able to test), and I was right. The colour is barely visible. BUT, I said barely visible, not completely invisible. And you know what? I love this one just as much as I love Flushed.

‘Why?’, I hear you cry. Well, it’s perfect for when you want minimal colour on your cheeks, but don’t want to go bare. It’s another shade perfect for natural glow, and unless your skin tone is an exact match to this shade, it will show up one way or another. Even if it is very lightly. I could easily wear this shade with a bright red lipstick and there wouldn’t be a colour-war happening on my face (FYI, that’s a good thing).

In the right light, you can see microscopic shimmer in Pinched (shown below), but it is not visible on your skin. It’s a very natural looking shade.

Blushes in direct sunlight

L: Pinched, R: Flushed

Pros:

• Silky smooth, ‘natural’ looking colour
  • Minimal shine
  • Non sticky
  • Decent staying power
  • Little goes a long way
  • Slim packaging (if I ever wanted to carry around, say, 50 of these, it would be easy-peasy. You never know)

Cons:

• Pot – if you’re a germ-a-phobe you won’t like having to dip your fingers into the product.
  • Only three shades

IN THIS POST

Eyes & Brows:
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
ELF Eyebrow Kit Medium
ELF Eyebrow Treat & Tame Dark

26 Comments on Revlon Photoready Cream Blush – Flushed & Pinched

1. Amy
    September 1, 2012 at 2:45 pm (5 years ago)

I have Coral Reef from this line and I love it! But the more I use it, the more I wish I had these ones too! Haha 🙂

September 2, 2012 at 2:51 am (5 years ago)

I know what you mean! I really wanted to get all three, but decided I shouldn’t. Having tried these two, I know I’d love the third shade just as much! 😀

2. healthandbeautybloguk
    September 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm (5 years ago)

What camera do you use for this? The pictures are really good quality! love. x

September 2, 2012 at 12:32 am (5 years ago)

Thank you! I recently switched from my trusty Sony point and shoot to a Nikon DSLR (5100). I used the 35mm lens, which is my absolute favourite 😀

• healthandbeautybloguk
        September 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm (5 years ago)

I might have to invest at some point! x

September 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm (5 years ago)

You won’t be disappointed 🙂

I feel a little guilty sometimes, because I loved my older little camera so much, and it got me through evey photo op for years, and now it’s like photos wouldn’t be great without a DSLR (but really, my old camera was awesome).

September 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm (5 years ago)

Wow gorgeous! Your skin is amazing. I love the blush on you, so glowy…

September 2, 2012 at 12:34 am (5 years ago)

Aww thank you! It really is lovely and glowy, isn’t it? I’m so impressed. I’m sure there’s a whole world of amazing cream blushes out there, but I’ve been too scared to try them, haha. 🙂

• My Lucite Dreams
        September 2, 2012 at 12:38 am (5 years ago)

Well they work for you! really beautiful 🙂
        Tarte cheek stains are lovely
        xx

September 2, 2012 at 12:40 am (5 years ago)

I have a new found love, I’m definitely going to try more *writing Tarte cheek stains down* haha. 🙂

4. makeup and macaroons
    September 2, 2012 at 9:53 am (5 years ago)

Ooh both blushes look great, but Flushed especially looks like my kinda shade. Must seek them out at Priceline next time I’m at the shops. 🙂

September 2, 2012 at 10:00 am (5 years ago)

Definitely do! I’m not sure if they’re permanent additions to their range or just limited editions, but I would absolutely buy more Flushed, it’s so pretty 🙂

5. Brandie Sellers
    September 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm (5 years ago)

I haven’t seen these in the States yet. I’ll keep my eye out! Nice review 🙂

September 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm (5 years ago)

I hope you loved them as much as I do 🙂

• Brandie Sellers
        September 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm (5 years ago)

lol! Hopefully! 🙂

September 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm (5 years ago)

I’m crossing my fingers and cheeks for you 🙂

• Brandie Sellers
        September 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you! lol! 🙂

6. frombeauty2fashion
    September 2, 2012 at 9:57 pm (5 years ago)

Lovely blog! Your pictures are fantastic (something I need to work on). How long have you been blogging for? I’m quite new to this but enjoy it so much. Thanks for following me. I hope it meant there was something readable on mine hehe.
    Shali xx

September 2, 2012 at 10:06 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you so much Shali, and there’s definitely lots to read on yours 😀

I’ve been blogging since Jan, so I consider myself still a bit of a beginner. I’m glad you like my photos, it’s a lot of trial and error over the months, haha.

7. MelissaC
    September 2, 2012 at 11:43 pm (5 years ago)

Lovely post! I have Pinched and Coral Reef. Pinched barely shows up on me as well! I really like these blushes and hope Revlon adds more.

September 2, 2012 at 11:47 pm (5 years ago)

I am hoping the same thing. It would make a nice permanent addition to their range. Even some bright colours (light pink?) would look great, cream blushes can get away with so much more 😀

8. sarahmeagan
    September 3, 2012 at 1:09 pm (5 years ago)

Your lipgloss is so, so pretty!

September 3, 2012 at 1:11 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you! It is my favourite gloss combo, they’re a match made in heaven! 🙂

9. Jasmine
    September 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm (5 years ago)

Haven’t seen these yet! How much are they selling? 🙂

September 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm (5 years ago)

Would you believe I don’t actually know! Mine was purchased overseas, and the display at my local Target didn’t have any pricing that I could see. In a way, I’m almost afraid to find out, Revlon is not expensive, but it’s not cheap either.

Sorry I wasn’t much help, I hope you’ll be able to find out soon! I’m interested to know myself 😀