I recently read a genius tip to revive your mascara from Natty’s Beauty Diary. The idea is so helpful, I almost face-palmed myself thinking ‘why didn’t I think of this?!’. Dried mascara is the bane of my existence. It feels like such a waste each time the tube dries out and you have to throw it away before you’ve barely used it.

HOW, you say?

It’s as simple as placing your mascara (lid closed!) in a cup of hot water, to soften and ‘melt’ the dried mascara inside. Brilliant, right? Yup. I thought so too.

There’s also more handy tips to be found on Natty’s post, as well as another way to heat the mascara inside, so go visit, get more life out of your wand, and thank her for giving us this fantastic idea. I successfully revived my favourite mascara, Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express. Excuse me while I do the running man…

10 Comments on Favourite Tip Of The Week: Dried Mascara Rescue

1. Amanda (Mae)
    September 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm (5 years ago)

what a fabulous idea, I must try this!

September 10, 2012 at 9:55 pm (5 years ago)

Its so easy yet effective, how did we not know this sooner? 🙂

2. BeautyFashionFitness (@YourB_F_F)
    September 11, 2012 at 2:54 am (5 years ago)

Oh this is a great idea! I wish I would have not thrown out my Falsies Flared! I think I will try it out on my Benefit They’re Real to see if it has anymore “juice” left in it! 😉 That one was expensive! Haha 😉 Thanks for sharing!

September 11, 2012 at 3:00 am (5 years ago)

I know what you mean! There’s so many I’ve thrown away before their time. Your welcome for the share, I was so excited when I read it I had to pass it on 😀

3. ennedear
    September 12, 2012 at 11:13 pm (5 years ago)

Great idea, not doubt but this sure beats makeup 101 mascara care: discard after 6 months? Isn’t that what we were taught in beauty school? Lol. cheers!

September 12, 2012 at 11:19 pm (5 years ago)

Haha, yes definitely! I wouldn’t recommend keeping a mascara well past its time. Sadly I do find a lot of my mascaras dry out quickly, even after a month or two, because I use it so often 🙂

4. Julia (@beautyfiends)
    September 14, 2012 at 1:15 am (5 years ago)

Yup, I just totally palmed my forehead. Can’t believe this never crossed my mind! I could actually do this to my current mascara.

September 14, 2012 at 1:18 am (5 years ago)

Haha!! Seriously. That’s a great idea, give your current mascara a boost. I admit, I went on a mascara hunt through my makeup to see what I could rescue 🙂