MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC40 GEO Angel Grey Lens Ulta3 Harem PinkDisclosure: this post contains affiliate links

Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer SPF30
MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NC40
Revlon Age Defying Concealer – Medium
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – Medium Deep
W7 Blush – Baby Pink
NARS Multiple – Luxor

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer – Greed
Avon Smooth Minerals Eyeshadow – Bronzestone
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara – Waterproof
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner – Blackest Black
E.L.F Eyebrow Kit – Medium

Lips:
Ulta3 Lipstick – Pink Harem

This October, I wanted to do something very special for Breast Cancer Month. I thought about writing a facts and figures post, a rise to action post, you name it. But no matter how much I tried, it just didn’t seem fitting. It’s such an important cause, and I felt like I had nothing to offer because I don’t know a single person who sufferers, or had suffered from it. Between my Dad and I, we’ve had our fair share of medical adventures, but nothing like this. It know it sounds crazy but I felt guilty that I have no experiences to share. What could I say? What do I do?

It’s still something I am passionate about, because despite my lack of personal experiences, it is very real and it is very serious. There are a number of causes I care deeply about, this being one of them. So rather than give you lots of tips and tricks, all of which we know by now I’m sure, I thought it would be the perfect time to highlight what others are doing, in the hope that you will join!

A beautiful fellow blogger, Sweetjellybean.com contacted me recently to ask if I would join her cause in raising money for breast cancer. She has done all the hard yards in contacting people and getting them involved, and is soon going to launch a donation page that she hopes the blogging community will become involved in. As bloggers we push hard to raise awareness for causes, so why stop? Her passion and drive to want to help, along with every single person I’ve seen take time to share their experiences is truly inspiring.

I encourage you to visit Sweet Jelly Bean, and stay tuned for updates on what is next! You can also find her Facebook page here.

Keep you and your boobies safe beautiful people, and keep up the good fight! xx

31 Comments on FOTD: Pink Inspired For Breast Cancer Month

1. soyandsauce
    October 18, 2012 at 2:41 am (5 years ago)

I’d just like to say that you have gorgeous eyebrows!

Go cure for cancer!

October 18, 2012 at 2:55 am (5 years ago)

Why thank you! And heck yeah, go cure!! 😀

• soyandsauce
        October 18, 2012 at 2:57 am (5 years ago)

You’re Welcome!

I’m so guilty for not knowing its breast cancer month… I saw your post and was like “oh…”

October 18, 2012 at 2:58 am (5 years ago)

Lol! Your so funny, and it’s ok, you can redeem yourself there is still many days left 🙂

• soyandsauce
        October 18, 2012 at 3:24 am (5 years ago)

Yes, and I will! I don’t have much pink in my closet though…

2. Megan
    October 18, 2012 at 3:35 am (5 years ago)

That lip colour is stunning, beautifully done look!

October 18, 2012 at 3:36 am (5 years ago)

Thank you Megan! Can you believe the lipstick only cost me $4? It’s so striking and beautiful. Even more so in person 🙂

3. Treena
    October 18, 2012 at 5:04 am (5 years ago)

I barely recognised you in this pic!

Although I havent been through Breast Cancer, I did have a benign lump removed of late. I must say, from the initial lump finding to biopsy result is a pretty harrowing time. Doctors seemed pretty vigilant and they even got me to see a specialist breast care nurse.

Since the surgery I’m not keen on the scarring, so I’m putting Bio Oil to the test! Only time will tell.

The awareness does really need to continue to stay in the spotlight. I only found my lump through self checks.

For now I’m just happy I dont have to get my rack out in front of strangers anymore!

October 18, 2012 at 5:24 am (5 years ago)

LOL get your rack out, dude you always crack me up! You had me a little worried myself about your result, it’s really scary stuff!! Showing your ‘ladies’ to strangers included… 🙂

It goes to show the self checks are still very important.

4. poundlandprincess
    October 18, 2012 at 8:37 am (5 years ago)

My Mums sister died from breast cancer and its my biggest fear that my Daughter will get this one day when she is older.
    One of the mums at my Daughters school is currently fighting her second battle against this and I so admire how she turns up at the school each morning with a smile on her face and full of energy when she must be going through so much.
    As always, you look very pretty and I love your brows.

October 18, 2012 at 8:59 am (5 years ago)

It breaks my heart to hear stories like this, it’s such an awful experience. I dream one day it will be something we don’t have to worry about, and that people will not loose loved ones. Thanks for your comment and sharing xx

October 18, 2012 at 11:00 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you Alice, maybe in the years to come I can do something bigger! I’d love to be able to make a real difference 🙂

October 18, 2012 at 9:30 pm (5 years ago)

You are lovely! Ad this is a very gorgeous FOTD! Love your pink lipstick <3

October 18, 2012 at 11:01 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you Taylor! The lipstick was $4, can you believe that? When I saw it I had to buy it 🙂

6. fancieland
    October 19, 2012 at 6:23 pm (5 years ago)

Okay your eyes are beautiful! I love that lipstick on you too!

7. D @ Sweetjellybean.com
    October 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm (5 years ago)

Kaye, you look gorgeous! And yes I also love your eyebrows! I could never get mine right! hhahah. Thank you very much for joining us support the cause! xx D

October 20, 2012 at 1:30 am (5 years ago)

Aww thanks Donah, it’s really sweet to hear, I’ve been growing them for years to try get them right lol! 🙂

8. TheBeautyHolder!
    October 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm (5 years ago)

You are absolutely stunning! Great pic and great cause! Always fighting for a cure! xoxo

October 21, 2012 at 12:03 am (5 years ago)

Yes! Always fight! 😀

Thanks Donna Marie, you always make me smile!! xx

9. Sunny @ Mostly Sunny
    October 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm (5 years ago)

I am so so so so jealous of your eyelashes!!! Love this look on you! You rock that pink!

October 21, 2012 at 10:46 pm (5 years ago)

All thanks to the power of Maybelline the falsies mascara! I swear by it, it really is the best for me.

Thank you so much! 🙂

10. Amanda (Mae)
    October 24, 2012 at 6:16 pm (5 years ago)

such a lovely post! My Grandmother is thankfully a BC Survivor and my mom has to go for a Biopsy next week for what they think is BC 🙁 It is a very near and dear to my heart cause and Its such a nice post you have done, I think that your look is absolutely gorgeous!!! I LOVE that lip color!

October 24, 2012 at 10:36 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks so much for sharing Amanda, I’m sending every single ounce of good luck all the way to your Mum for a good result! That is such great news for your grandmother! I can only imagine how scary it can be. I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts beautiful! xx 🙂

• Amanda (Mae)
        October 25, 2012 at 12:07 am (5 years ago)

Thank you so much! I am so behind on my posts how is hour your father doing

October 25, 2012 at 12:21 am (5 years ago)

He’s doing so much better, thank you Amanda! I feel you on being behind on posts, this week has been so busy I haven’t had any time to post 🙂

An extra five hours a day is all I need lol.

• Amanda (Mae)
        October 25, 2012 at 12:42 am (5 years ago)

Lol that is good news so happy to hear he is oing better! 🙂

11. kaitdean
    October 30, 2012 at 10:47 pm (5 years ago)

Gorgeous!

12. Elena
    January 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm (4 years ago)

This post was really thoughtful, thank you so much, you inspire people.
    Where are those contact lenses from?? I love them in you.