Summer Eyes 120 Colour Eyeshadow Palette Beautiful Kayekie

Things are definitely heating up in the tropics, summer is officially here! I’ve been waking up regularly stuck to my pillow, sign number one humidity is high. While I dearly miss the cooler weather I am very much looking forward to the bright colours that go hand in hand with summer.

120 Eyeshadow Palette Beautiful Kayekie

Bold eye-shadow is something I could never master but secretly always wanted to. It’s on my bucket list (for real), so I thought what better way to start learning than with the 120 Colour Eye-shadow Palette (from Dino Direct). With so many colours to choose it was hard to go wrong. And besides, at $14.39 (USD), who cares if you can’t apply eyeshadow to save your life! Miss N and I had fun playing with all the shades…

120 Eyeshadow Palette Beautiful Kayekie

How to:

Step 1 – first summer-proof your eyes with a eye-shadow primer

Step 2 – apply a brightly coloured shade (1) over your entire lid, blending at the crease.

Step 3 – apply another bright shade (2) in the outer corner of your eyelid (over first colour), blend two colours lightly for a subtle gradient effect

Step 4 – place sticky tape at desired angle from outer eye corner towards temple/eyebrow. Tip: stick tape to your hand first a few times first, to reduce stickiness.

Step 5 – Draw black liner along lash line, winging out, then remove tape to reveal precise line.

Step 6 – apply a third bright shade (3) under your lower lashes, blend away any harsh lines.

Step 7 – highlight brow with neutral shade (4), and blend down towards bright colours at eyelid crease and blend (oh my gosh, how many times can I fit blend into a sentence? Blend, blend, blend… Girl you need a thesaurus)

Step 8 – Apply mascara and dazzle!

Miss N and I having a miniature swatching party

Miss N 120 Eyeshadow Palette Beautiful Kayekie

;

120 Eyeshadow Palette Beautiful Kayekie

• Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, however it contains a product sample donated for review.

14 Comments on Celebrate Summer With Bright Eyes

1. poundlandprincess
    November 3, 2012 at 11:16 am (5 years ago)

Im so jealous, its getting into winter here now and its bloody cold, heating is costing me a fortune and its only gonna get worse.
    The Tropics sounds nice at the moment – fancy a house guest? 🙂

November 3, 2012 at 11:24 am (5 years ago)

Haha! Absolutely! 😀

We should swap half and half, I’ll take a little cold and send you some heat. Our Airconditioning is dying and boy it gets hot lol! I’ve lived here most of my life and every year I say the same thing ‘why do I live in this heat??’

🙂

2. bellezakisses
    November 3, 2012 at 11:02 pm (5 years ago)

Love this look! Your eyeliner looks amazing! Would love to see a tutorial on how you do it.

BTW I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award!
    bellezakisses.wordpress.com

November 4, 2012 at 3:00 am (5 years ago)

Thank you for the nomination! I’m so flattered you thought of me! Hehe, I’m not much of a eyeshadow expert but I will definitely consider doing a tutorial on how I did it 🙂

• bellezakisses
        November 4, 2012 at 1:06 pm (5 years ago)

Awww you’re so welcome!!! I can never get my eyeliner to come out right, and when I do, it’s a miracle. LOL

November 5, 2012 at 3:37 am (5 years ago)

Haha, that’s why I stick with liquid liner, anything else and its all squiggly lines lol 🙂

November 5, 2012 at 4:17 am (5 years ago)

Haha! Yes I’ve been thinking of you all over there as the weather changes. Thank you so much for the nomination! That is so sweet of you. You made my day!

😀

3. Chloe
    November 7, 2012 at 9:35 am (5 years ago)

The colours you combined are gorgeous, this is a good start for a bold eye makeup look 🙂

November 7, 2012 at 11:49 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you Chloe! The colours were even brighter in person, the camera didn’t capture them well enough, and even still it wasn’t so much that I was afraid to wear it. I would absolutely wear those colours outside the house! 😀

November 10, 2012 at 12:37 am (5 years ago)

Thank you so much for the nomination Chriss! I really enjoy reading your ‘things about me’ 🙂

4. Preetha C.
    March 21, 2013 at 6:46 am (5 years ago)

Hello Kaye, it is a wonderful post and very helpful. Btw, can you give me details of the palette sample you used?

March 24, 2013 at 12:36 am (5 years ago)

Hi Beautiful! I used a eyeshadow palette from Dino Direct international. It’s an online Chinese based shopping website. You can also buy these types of palettes on eBay and from around the web 🙂