Welcome to my very first ‘what’s in my everyday bag’! I’ve seen so many great sneak peeks into what others carry around, I wanted to share my own. These posts are like my guilty pleasure. I remember growing up, my Mums bag was off-limits. Strictly no rummaging around in there – ever! So suffice to say, I have many years of snooping to make up for 😉

Most of what I keep in my bag I’ve had for a while, and I don’t update my bag/contents often. The only thing I’ve left out of the photos is mountains of receipts. I’m a bit of a receipt hoarder, ill admit. I’ll hang onto them ‘just in-case’, then months later throw them away thinking ‘why on earth did I keep a receipt for milk and toilet cleaner?’. But let’s just pretend they don’t exist for the duration of this post. Ahem.

The Bag
My Burberry bag was a surprise (late) birthday gift from my husband. He and I have a long running joke that gifts for Christmas and birthdays are never given on the actual day. We don’t plan it that way, it’s just how things roll. The reason always being one of the following: what we wanted isn’t available/won’t arrive on time/don’t have the cash right now/have no idea what I want/ill take an IOU.

😉

1 – Jurlique Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer. I really love the smell of this sanitizer, and the natural Australian ingredients. I often find the smell of hand sanitizers too much, but this one suits me perfectly.
2 – Sunglasses: no name brand, and reading glasses: Gok Wan.
3 – Purse.
4 – The ‘Secret Womens Business’ bag, wink wink. From Etsy. 😉

1 – Paint swatches for all my DIY projects that will probably never happen 😛
2 – Estee Lauder face compact.
3 – My precious, my Sony T-900 point-and-shoot. I LOVE this camera so much. I’ve had it for a few years now and before I upgraded to my DSLR it was my everything. It’s compact, touch screen, and the slide-down cover made it so simple to shoot with one hand. I still carry it around for those you-never-know photos.
4 – Ouch Pouch, from Etsy. I have so many of these Ouch Pouches here at home, in all different sizes too. They are apparently TSA travel approved, although I haven’t tested that theory yet. I stuff all my makeup into this handy pouch, it does a brilliant job of keeping my bag stain free. The pouches are made of fabric backing, with a clear plastic front. It’s perfect storage and you can still see all of your items. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35, MAC Mineralize Blush in Ring of Saturn.
5 – Left to right: Mayebline baby lips in mango pie & anti-oxidant berry, Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in charm & sweetheart, Revlon colorburst lipgloss in peony, Revlon colorstay ultimate in buffest beige. As far as makeup goes, I don’t carry a lot around with me. I like to apply long-wearing products at home that last the day.
6 – These bracelets live permanently in my bag so I can put them on/take them off on the go. They cost a grand total of a few dollars 🙂

1 – iPhone. Cover from Sportsgirl.
2 – Visual art & blog notebook. I use one side for illustrations and art, and flip it over and use the other side for all my blog notes and ideas. It’s always nice to have something to draw in when I have some time to kill.
3 – Weapons of mass creation! I don’t go anywhere without my favourite pen in the whole world, the Artline 0.4. I have so many stashed all over my house and inside my bag. The calligraphy pens are more for fun, I haven’t quite got the hang of lettering just yet 🙂

1 – My favourite accessories, a vintage cocktail ring, pave ring & camera earrings. They also live permanently in my bag.
2 – Coin/card purse from Etsy. I actually used this as my wallet for the longest time, because my white purse didn’t fit much. I recently retired it to keep all my loose change and extra cards that my purse just wont hold.
3 – Hair-ties for my daughter. I can’t leave home without hair-ties!

So, what’s inside your bag? 😀

17 Comments on What’s In My Bag: Feb 2013

1. satine89
    February 18, 2013 at 1:23 pm (5 years ago)

Cutest pictures ever!!! <3 And I love those little hair ties! <3

February 18, 2013 at 1:33 pm (5 years ago)

Haha, they’re cute aren’t they? I often buy packs of hundreds of them.

Thank you! 🙂

2. jacquesdelight
    February 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm (5 years ago)

I am amazed at the amount if things you have in a small bag! :)) I love your things. They’re all so beautiful! *_*

February 18, 2013 at 10:59 pm (5 years ago)

Thank you! I would have to agree, it’s incredible the amount of things I can fit in there. Luckily everything is slim, but its a lot like a game of Tetris. When your in a rush you have to put it in right otherwise nothing will fit (then its game over! Lol).

3. Holly J
    February 19, 2013 at 1:42 am (5 years ago)

Everything in your bag is so colorful and vibrant! I love it!

February 19, 2013 at 2:40 am (5 years ago)

I am a sucker for colour. Even when I try to avoid it, it somehow ends up that way anyway. I pulled out all of the paint swatches and thought, what a shocker Kaye, colours! lol. 🙂

4. akirahbabe
    February 19, 2013 at 6:50 am (5 years ago)

love love love your earring & ring. 🙂 I have a camera necklace too.. 🙂 lovely post kaye:)

February 19, 2013 at 7:01 am (5 years ago)

Thank you! The ring is my favourite in the whole world, it’s a vintage ring from America that my husband passed on to me. Vintage accessories are so beautiful!

I’ve been dying for a camera necklace! 😀

5. live.retridemption
    February 21, 2013 at 7:42 am (5 years ago)

I think I may take a picture of the contents on my bag too and post them up =D

February 21, 2013 at 12:13 pm (5 years ago)

I’d love to see if you do! Feel free to share the link 🙂

6. cuteandcurls
    February 26, 2013 at 5:02 pm (5 years ago)

Alright firstly OH MY GOD, girl ..you and I are the same in the Receipt Hoarder department. I confess right now i have stashes of receipts that I truly truly need to get rid of ..ive this bad habit of keeping them just in case especially the credit card ones (after a terrible case of credit card fraudulence) So yep i think i need to clear my erm hidden stashes ASAP (prolly do that tomorrow LOL)

Secondly thank you for this inspirational blog, i might do the same ..you’d be surprise to see how tattered and worn out my cheap handbag is LOL will let you know when i will post that up .. i loveeeeee jewelries ..i like the look of your ring, any chance of a close up (maybe someday i will post whats in my jewelry box hehe) the camera earrings look cute are they silver ones? Too cute!!

Anyway, i apologise for my lack of visits ..been a wee bit down as of late and still recovering from losing my mother in law (heck i still mourn for her quietly)

7. Tine
    March 8, 2013 at 7:47 am (5 years ago)

Oooh what’s in my bag p0rn! Love it! Man you sure can fit a lot in that bag 😛

March 10, 2013 at 3:45 am (5 years ago)

Haha, bag p*rn! It’s all in the art of placement, kinda like a game of Tetris, except it often ends in tears because it’s easier taking things out than it is putting them back into my bag. lol!

I love to carry a smaller bag, otherwise I become the resident camel, ‘can you carry my toys/sunglasses/pet lizard”. 😀

8. ryannelau
    April 14, 2013 at 3:33 am (5 years ago)

What a wonderful burst of color! I love the Burberry purse <3

Ry
    thebeautydreamer.wordpress.com

April 14, 2013 at 4:40 am (5 years ago)

Thank you!

I love so many bright and colourful things 🙂

9. Dinah
    December 10, 2013 at 2:44 pm (4 years ago)

Oh my gosh!! I think I just found someone else who loves collecting those paint swatches! I take like 50 at a time!!

December 23, 2013 at 4:02 am (4 years ago)

Hahahaha! Well I am very happy to know I am not the only one. I love to take so many… Shhhhh! Lol