Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner

When it comes to keeping my skin fresh, nothing beats the humble facial mist. A true favourite of mine, I swear by natural rosewater sprays to keep me hydrated throughout the day. And being the complete humidity-wuss I am, I sleep all night with the air-con running. The cold air is great for comfort – awful for drying out my skin. Thankfully, all it takes is a quick spritz of facial mist to return lost moisture. Naturally beautiful skin couldn’t be simpler.

Depending on which brand you buy, expect to see ingredients like Rosa Damascena Flower Water (Rose), flower extract, citrus extract and a range of other hydrating and nourishing elements, combined with aqua (a totally fancy way of saying it’s just water) to make a refreshing spray.

For maximum skin benefits look for natural & organic brands that offer:

NO mineral oils
NO paraben preservatives
NO synthetic colours
NO synthetic fragrances
NO pesticides or herbicide residues
NO genetically engineered ingredients
NO propylene glycol
NO D.E.A or T.E.A
NO PEGS
NO harsh detergents or surfactants

What’s not to love about what they can do:

Hydrate to combat dryness (be sure to pick one that adds moisture, and doesn’t just evaporate and dry your skin further)
Nourish skin with natural ingredients
Tone and refresh your complexion for brighter skin
Relax and rejuvenate your senses, they smell divine!
And for the germ-o-phobes: moisture without having to touch your skin!

🙂

Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner

1 – Jurlique rosewater balancing mist
2 – Trilogy hydrating mist toner
3 – Kora Organics balancing rose mist
4 – Sukin hydrating mist toner

16 Comments on My Secret To Beautiful Hydrated Skin

April 14, 2013 at 7:34 am (5 years ago)

Thank you for the tip, I’d love to try it out. I find them so relaxing! 🙂

1. Bree Auty
    April 14, 2013 at 7:38 am (5 years ago)

Great tip! I purchased the Trilogy rose hip oil today, I’ll have to get the mist

April 14, 2013 at 7:41 am (5 years ago)

I absolutely LOVE the Trilogy RHO! The smell is so incredibly relaxing to me, and the hydration is beautiful. I hope you enjoy the mist as much as the oil 🙂

I find the mist works wonders to finish off my moisturisers, it helps seal in the moisture.

2. Archana
    April 14, 2013 at 6:12 pm (5 years ago)

Nice post .. is it suitable for even oily skin ? and where can i get it ?

April 14, 2013 at 10:47 pm (5 years ago)

I have oily skin and find it doesn’t exaggerate my problem. In fact, I find by keeping my skin lightly hydrated it keeps oil at bay 🙂

Are you located in Australia or NZ? Sukin is sold in pharmacy’s here, and I’m pretty sure you can get other brands (like the ones I suggested) online 🙂

PS Sukin – my fave – is the cheapest!

• Archana
        April 15, 2013 at 3:38 am (5 years ago)

i reside in India …i badly wanted a toner … and i wanted to take your suggestion .. i think it may be very costly to get it shipped …

April 15, 2013 at 3:39 am (5 years ago)

I think it would too, the toner/spray is only around $10AUD here, and the cost to ship would make it too high 🙁

There are so many other brands that sell these types of products though, so fingers crossed you can find one that is closer! xx

• Archana
        April 15, 2013 at 3:41 am (5 years ago)

Yup !! 🙂 i m really scared to try anything new . and i do not trust sale’s person

April 15, 2013 at 3:42 am (5 years ago)

Haha, I find I am the same way. I have to try it for myself 🙂

3. steph chen
    June 2, 2013 at 10:17 am (4 years ago)

I love that trilogy toner, the first time I tried it was at the Australian open and they were giving them out for free. I never would have guessed that I would fall deeply in love with it. I’m on my third one now I think but you’ve really tempted me with the sukin and jurlique one 🙁 Although I feel like it would take a long time for me to justify spending that much for a rose water :'( ahahahahaha

June 2, 2013 at 10:30 am (4 years ago)

I love Trilogy too! I discovered it a few years ago and simply fell in love, it was the only thing that helped my skin in colder weather. I havent bought anything from them in a while though, it is just a little out of my price range for something I use so quickly.

Sukin is a cheaper alternative, and I purchase and replace them quite often. It is alot for a hydrating liquid lol, but it is my little splurge 🙂

Maybe we should come up with a nice DIY version! <3

• steph chen
        June 2, 2013 at 10:53 am (4 years ago)

yes, I can just see the water descending every time I spray and it honestly breaks my heart sometimes, ahaha I ration it like nothing else
        oh but of course, splurges are such a essential sometimes, but everyone loves a little DIY! That would be so much fun to come up (and experiment) with something like that 😀
        I’m definitely up for it if you are :))

June 2, 2013 at 11:33 am (4 years ago)

Absolutely! The trick would definitely be to find ingredients that will last and stay fresh 😀

• steph chen
        June 3, 2013 at 3:56 am (4 years ago)

mmm, like an essential oil of choice like chamomile (maybe just simple which hazel) 🙂 very economic and from what I’ve heard rose water is quite simple to make as well!