Sally Hansen Cafe Au Lait complete salon manicure

It’s not often I’m absolutely blown away by a nail polish, but Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Cafe Au Lait certainly earns that title. It’s the first colour I’ve tried from the salon manicure range and I have to say, I’m pretty darn impressed. The image above is three light coats applied a few days ago and my favourite Revlon top coat.

My nails are naturally as thin as paper, and break, chip and tear at the most ridiculous times. All times, actually. Walking too fast in a strong breeze almost tears them clean off 😛

So when I realised a week after wearing Cafe Au Lait that my nails had NO chips AND were longer, I did a double take. What voodoo is this?? And why have I not tried this range sooner?? Well, we live and learn, and the SHCSM range is officially on my hit list. I plan to try more shades, here’s hoping they are all as nice as this one.

Size: 14.7ml / 0.5 FL OZ
Price: RRP $14.95 AUD

What I love:
The finish – very smooth and easy to apply
Relatively fast drying
Medium to opaque finish (meaning less coats!)
Keeps nails from breaking
No chipping (this is seriously the best)

What’s not so great:
The brush size – this is a personal problem I know, but my nails are so small and thin, the brush is actually BIGGER than the entire fingernail on my little finger. It makes it tough to apply without making a mess. It’s a small price to pay for its awesomeness though. I can live with that.

What they say:
“an extraordinary new nail enamel that delivers a complete salon manicure in every bottle. Amazingly, it’s a base and top coat, strengthening and growth treatment and salon-inspired colour all in one!

Thanks to its exclusive, patented, micro-encapsulated time-release technology, Complete Salon Manicure delivers the ultimate treatment, ultimate colour impact and perfect saoln-finish manicure that lasts up to ten days. Have it all in one bottle!”

Sally Hansen Cafe Au Lait complete salon manicure

10 Comments on Cafe Au Lait, I’m In Love With You!

1. Craftynail
    April 26, 2013 at 12:32 pm (4 years ago)

I have several bottles from this line! Love them! Hope the breeze doesnt blow cuz your nails look so pretty now!

April 26, 2013 at 12:56 pm (4 years ago)

Hahaha! You are hilarious, I love it 😀 with the help of this fabulous polish they should stay put (this stuff is so great).

I’d heard a few people loved them but honestly I had no idea.

2. claire
    April 27, 2013 at 6:00 am (4 years ago)

I have large nail beds and I love wider brushes 🙂 but glad you made this still work for you, because I think that this colour suits you so well <3

April 27, 2013 at 6:07 am (4 years ago)

Thank you! I agree, its the perfect nude! I think it’s great that the wider brushes work well for you, I notice all the better brands tend to use them so they must be onto a good thing 🙂

• claire
        April 27, 2013 at 6:12 am (4 years ago)

haha, tbh, my friend is complaining as well about the wide brushes, it seems to be a trend to change the tiny ones into wide ones or something 😀 well, for people like me, who have large nail beds it’s good but I can see, why so many don’t like those brushes 🙂

April 27, 2013 at 6:56 am (4 years ago)

Despite my troubles with them, I can honestly see where it is better for your manicure 🙂 less strokes needed meaning cleaner application. I only have two OPI nail polishes and I notice their brush is the same, rounded tip with a wide width.

I just had a brilliant idea!! I should turn the brush on its side and paint with the thin edge, lol! Well there you go… Inspiration comes at the most unexpected times 🙂

Thanks beautiful!! xx

May 3, 2013 at 12:57 am (4 years ago)

I love this polish too! The formula is awesome, and I love this shade! I actually love the brush bc I have humongous nail beds.
    xxoo

May 3, 2013 at 12:58 am (4 years ago)

Lol humongous nail beds! You are so funny 🙂

4. Stylus Blogger
    May 11, 2013 at 3:19 pm (4 years ago)

I have this, and in 540 too and they are amazing! Really want to get the gold sparkle shade!! great for that fourth finger highlight nail!

May 13, 2013 at 2:23 pm (4 years ago)

They sound amazing! I was eyeing off a few more colours just the other day, I can’t wait to try more 😀

The gold sparkle sounds right up my alley! I will keep an eye out for it. xx