Happy Friday loves! 😀
In my last post I featured a pretty mint and gold mani, and wanted to share how quick and easy it was to do using two of my all time favourite shades. I have to give a huge shout out to Nail Luxxe (who recently posted the most amazing Great Gatsby inspired nail art), if it wasn’t for her helpful nail tape advice I wouldn’t have had much success with this mani.
In the past I have failed
almost all of my nail art attempts using tape. I just couldn’t get it right! The tape would ruin the bottom layer, or not lift properly, you name it. But I’ve now discovered the best chance for success is to lift the tape as soon as you can (immediately after painting the top layer), and if possible, remove some of the tape stickiness by pressing it to your skin a few times first!
So simple right?
Here’s how I did it:
- prep your nails as usual – clean, buff, base coat, etc
- paint the base layer – I used Calypso-Gold from Face of Australia. Let it dry completely
- cut small triangle shapes from the sticky tape and press against your skin a few times (if needed), then position and apply to nails create a ‘mask’ for the bottom layer
- paint over the entire nail with the top colour – I used Mint Julep from Savvy by DB
- remove the triangle tape carefully but immediately
- apply top coat if desired and let dry
- be fabulous! *waving nails around*