What's in my suitcase travel shoes holiday

I have a joke for you – What kind of thief do you find in a shoe store? A SNEAKER! (Boom, tish. Geddit??) 😀

They say your car says a lot about you. So what would your shoes say about you? Are you more comfy in casual shoes? Do you prefer statement kicks? If you were to take a peek inside my suitcase, the following fun-tose (fun photos) are what can be said for my choice in travel footwear. If packing light was my goal, I most certainly failed. But hey, travel does strange things to us. We seem to suddenly need things we’ve never needed before. 150 travel sized shampoos. Fluffy (read: ugly) eye masks. Travel notebook, 1000 artist pencils, a sharpener, a backup sharpener and 5 erasers (are you serious Kaye?? You’re never going to use them!).

Anyways. I can’t tell you how excited I was, I was finally going to be able to wear boots. Outdoors. Not just for pretend! Fo’ real. There was of course one pair of shoes that I didn’t buy until we got there, and that was my Chuck Taylors. And to be honest, it’s all I really wore in the end anyways. Six entire weeks. Pshhhh, Go figure.

PS – See a few instagram snaps of our holiday, before I start bombarding the blog.

😉

What's in my suitcase: shoes holiday travel

What's in my suitcase: shoes travel holiday

What's in my suitcase: shoes holiday travel

Whats in my suitcase: shoes travel holiday

whats in my suitcase: shoes travel holiday

13 Comments on What’s In My Suitcase – Shoe Travel Edition

1. Donah @ SweetJellyBean
    January 25, 2014 at 1:32 pm (4 years ago)

I’m totally going for the boots and those flats! Would never last on any of the high heeled ones. And by the way, superb photos!

January 25, 2014 at 1:36 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Donah! Hope you guys had a really awesome Christmas and New Years. I’m with you, the boots I love! Flats I live in, and I don’t last long in heels 🙂

• Donah @ SweetJellyBean
        January 25, 2014 at 2:01 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Kaye! We had indeed – lots of snow and too cold here now though haha. Glad you enjoyed your vacation 🙂

January 25, 2014 at 2:02 pm (4 years ago)

Oh my god snow! You are so lucky, do you get it every year??

• Donah @ SweetJellyBean
        January 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm (4 years ago)

I’m in the US now so the answer would definitely be yes hahah. Whenever you’re in NY or closer, let me know, I’d love to meet up with you. 🙂

January 25, 2014 at 2:12 pm (4 years ago)

That would be absolutely awesome! I will definitely be in touch if we head over that way. NY is on our list of places we must go, who knows how long it will take, but one day 🙂 I hear so often how the cold gets old, but I saw a photo of NY just recently, all covered in snow and I just wished I was there. Maybe if I lived there is get sick of it haha.

We were only in California for six weeks this time but I miss it already. It’s like my second home.

January 25, 2014 at 11:57 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks Brandy! I’ve been experimenting with photoshop a lot and this is what I came up with 🙂

• Brandie Sellers
        January 26, 2014 at 2:58 am (4 years ago)

I’d say you’re doing great! I told my husband “I want my photos to look like that!” lol!

January 26, 2014 at 6:05 am (4 years ago)

Lol! Now that’s a awesome compliment, thank you! If you ever want to know anything id be happy to help. I’m no expert but I love to share 🙂

• Brandie Sellers
        January 26, 2014 at 6:43 pm (4 years ago)

Well thank you! When the time is right, I’ll be sure to ask 🙂

2. Mammu
    January 26, 2014 at 3:46 pm (4 years ago)

How beautiful photos and fun captions! ^_^ And oh the shoes are all gorgeous! *_* I would go for the booties, boots and sandals. I would be too tall in those heels and I don’t like flats on me and I even find them uncomfortable :S Weird huh 😀

February 18, 2014 at 5:33 am (4 years ago)

You are so lucky to have natural height! And yes, a little unexpected that you don’t like flats – but I still love you! 😉