Adult Acne Story

My name is Kaye. I’m 31 years old. Do you see that picture above? That was taken yesterday. I have been battling with acne on and off for 14 years. Did I mention I am 31? My biggest fear, is that I will be 80 years old and still suffering from bad skin. The truth is, underneath all the makeup, I’ve been hiding 14 years of struggles.

I firmly believe that my acne is tied to two equally important things: internal factors and external factors. I’ve learnt to listen to my body over the years, taking note of what triggers it. Obviously taking care of my skin (external), paves the path to a better complexion. Unfortunately for me though, it seems the internal factors steer this pimply-ship far beyond the reach of diet and healthy lifestyle choices. These things help a little, but alone, are never enough.

The sad reality is without some form of aggressive (or expensive) treatment to compliment my routine, my skin is never clear. I’ve become a slave to chemicals and manufactured products and I’m so tired of it.

I wanted to share my story purely for those who are in the same boat. The pimple-boat. Sometimes it’s nice to see and hear it from others and know you are not alone. Because when you suffer from acne, it doesn’t just affect how you look – it becomes your whole life.

Below: a carefully ‘filtered’ version of the truth.

The

CLICK BELOWΒ FOR FULL POST

SKIN BACKGROUND

I am oily/combo. I’ve always had broken capillaries, which have worsened over the years of harsh skin treatments. You may have read about my pigmentation. I’ve also tried just about everything known to man: Natural/organic, anti-acne, normal, sensitive, oily/combo, scrubs, masks, peels, diets, pills, environmental changes, twirling around in one spot and even nothing at all (including no makeup).

Acne History1995 – 1999 (13 to 17 yo)

Ahhh, if only I could turn back the clock to this point in time. My skin was clear and blemish free for my entire high school years. While everyone else was hitting their awkward pimple phase, I didn’t even know what ‘skincare’ meant. The concept of cleansing, toning and protecting my skin was unknown to me.

My mother was adamant about taking care of her skin. But I wasn’t even remotely interested. I remember being asked at the time by an older friend, what I did for my skin to keep it so clear? Truthfully I didn’t know how to answer that because, well, I didn’t do anything.

2000 – ONWARDS (18 yo+)

Now it was my turn. Hello pimples, nice to finally see you. And by that I’m kidding. Everyone I knew was over their teenage acne and moving on to bigger and better things. Me, I had only just begun. And my confidence plummeted. I was ashamed of how I looked.

I started to use the Clinique three-step system, then bounced around trying different brands. All the while my acne came and went, regardless of what I tried. This was the point in my life I figured out supermarket products just weren’t making the cut. Around the year 2000, product choices weren’t as generous as they are now.

Serious breakouts also meant the beginning of my issues with scarring. Yes, we were all warned not to squeeze pimples but I didn’t listen. So I was left with uneven, blotchy skin. Lucky for me I was all grown up now and earnt my own money – I started buying makeup to cover it all up. After that, I only ever felt confident with a face full of makeup.

SOMEWHERE IN MY MID 20’s

I was still suffering from recurrent acne. I couldn’t believe I was dealing with terrible skin! It was so crushing. I felt like I was the only mid 20-year-old with horrible skin in the whole world. Around this time I also noticed the Proactiv commercials, ordered it, and for the first time in years my skin became clear and beautiful! It felt so good to feel like my skin was acting its age. Oooh happy days!!

The down side was, I truly hated using Proactiv. The cleanser was so abrasive and rough I actually dreaded washing my face morning and night. It was the absolute opposite of relaxing. The smell of the toner was awful to me. And of course the treatment cream/gel felt uncomfortable to apply. It dried my skin terribly, but I stuck with it. Because it was the only thing that worked.

As much as I hated Proactiv, I do wish I’d discovered it sooner. But by the time it worked wonders for me, I’d already damaged my skin by aggressively popping my pimples (gross), years before.

2007 (25 yo)

One day, I had the genius idea to get microdermabrasion to finally fix all the acne scarring. At my consultation I was persuaded into substituting microdermabrasion for gentler enzyme peel treatments and a new skincare regimen, “because Proactiv is TERRIBLE for you”.

I dropped $740 (no joke) that day on Danne Montague King products without breaking a sweat. And that wasn’t including the treatments which were ongoing and expensive. I wanted nice skin, damn it! I felt like I deserved it after all these years. All I wanted was to look like everyone else. Was that too much to ask?

The great news was it worked like a charm. Beautiful skin was mine once again and all was right in the world. Hazaah! That lasted about 6 months until I started to feel awful for having spent so much $$$ on my skin. I could see a breaking point coming – there was no way I could afford to keep up with these products. And there was no way I could secretly use Proactiv and keep my appointments, the beautician would know!

So I went back to Proactiv and stopped my appointments.

2010 (28 yo)

This is where my quest took a very bad turn. Proactiv eventually stopped working for me. I was desperate, so I turned to the contraceptive pill – Dianne – to clear it up. And wonderfully so, my skin looked amazing again! I was beyond happy, I can’t even describe to you how great it felt. No matter how I treated my skin, what I ate, what products I used, nothing would happen – no breakouts! Thank you god.

Little did I know that one quick switch of pill brand from Dianne to something else, would lead to me discovering I am predisposed to develop blood clots (‘for reasons yet unknown’, according to my hemo). The pill was not the catalyst, but played its part none the less: I landed myself in hospital with an extensive blood clot (DVT) in one leg and bilateral pulmonary embolisms’ (PE) in my lungs. Whew, fun times.

What followed was two years of blood thinners, stress and severe panic attacks. The toll it took on my skin was nothing like I had ever experienced, and I had nothing to fix it. Taking the pill was out of the question and Proactiv sucked at this point. From top to bottom my face felt like a Helen Keller novel. My self esteem hit rock bottom. I was broken on the inside and out: blood clots and ugly skin.

2012 – PRESENT (30 yo+)

My last-ditch effort was prescription acne treatments. I turned down the option for oral antibiotics and went with topical instead. I tried Clindatech (didn’t mind this, it worked really well), and another I wasn’t a fan of. The downside to these was the limited shelf life. After three months, they weren’t usable anymore. It was a quick high of perfect skin, followed by a low of returning back to breakouts.

And let’s face it, these treatments had taken their own toll on my skin after all these years. I felt like I was forced to choose between adult acne, and over-treated skin. It was a no-win.

NOW

Fast forward to the present and where am I? Well, as you can see I’m at a bit of a stale mate with my skin. But I haven’t given up, despite all this. I still believe there is something I can do, I just have to find the magic key.

In recent years I’ve really taken a ‘inside-out’ approach, and tried to correct my diet and acne triggers before they appear. Proactive, not reactive. It’s been hit and miss but I won’t give up. I have to keep trying. Who knows, maybe by the time I am 80 it won’t matter anymoreΒ πŸ˜‰

Thank you, for reading my story.

45 Comments on MY ACNE STORY – THE 14 YEAR TRUTH ABOUT MY SKIN

1. Kate Flint
    April 16, 2014 at 12:38 am (4 years ago)

I’m 25 and have a similar story to you, although my acne worries began at 15. I went on Diane (I am still currently on this) but it seems to have ‘lost it’s juice’ for keeping acne at bay. My biggest problem is not being religious with my skincare. It helps to know that others my age have the same issues. Acne is not just a teenage issue!

May 11, 2014 at 2:22 am (4 years ago)

I’m so saddened to hear it’s loosing its effectiveness! Dianne worked so well for me, which I have no doubt has for you too. I’ve found the same problems with skincare. The minute you stop being religious about it, that’s where the pimples pop up. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was just a simple way to fix it all – forever?!

Here’s hoping that you find your holy grail cure, Kate! I really do hope you get there πŸ™‚ xx

2. Kitty
    April 16, 2014 at 12:39 am (4 years ago)

My story is very similar to yours – it was so interesting and moving to read. After living in japan and being exposed to new skincare products I have found something which works for my 30 yr old acne prone skin. First is Korean brand Etude House’s Moistfull Collagen range – especially the first essence as well as their snail healing cream. Next is anything from Curel. Please try both! Great for scarring too.

May 11, 2014 at 2:24 am (4 years ago)

Thank you sincerely for the recommendation, I am honestly keeping note of everything. I am willing to try anything and give it a shot. I’ve been at this for so long it wouldn’t hurt to try, right? Japanese/Korean women have such amazing skin, I trust what they are doing! πŸ™‚ xx

3. Shanny
    April 16, 2014 at 1:39 am (4 years ago)

As someone who doesn’t wear make up I feel your pain. After having my first child a light bulb went off in my head. I went to being simple. I use nothing but baby lotion now for both my skin and face. I figured that if it is safe for my babies it’s good enough for me. I think it helps a little. Lots of people say i glow now. Sometimes doing as little as possible helps.

May 11, 2014 at 2:27 am (4 years ago)

I agree with you 100%. I know had my skin been relatively ‘normal’ and I hadn’t suffered from acne all these years I would not wear makeup. I’m such a huge fan of organic and natural skincare, and would go bare faced in a heartbeat if I felt comfortable enough.

Piling on the products and dealing with acne is like a merry-go-round! You use them to treat/conceal trouble skin, which in turn can lead to making it worse. Ahhhh, life is a funny thing πŸ™‚ xx

4. nonfashionista
    April 16, 2014 at 5:00 am (4 years ago)

I struggle with big pores/ dehydrated skin. My skin is combination on the T zone and a bit dry on my cheeks. It’s hard to find a balance with the products I use for cleansing and moisturizing. My skin had been clear for a while ( maybe 3 years without any incidents) and recently I started to break out, small areas but persistent around the T zone. I’m 30 years old, I even though it was some sort of allergy because it was uncommon for me at this stage so have so many pimples. Also, every time I do my eyebrows or wax I have breakouts, it’s the pores I guess.. I’m so careful and it still happens. My husband also suffers from acne and he is even worse as he has broken capillary like you do, and very inflamed skin at times . He has a positive attitude though – he doesn’t really care or concerns himself with it. So you are not alone in this struggle and I really liked to read your post about this. Makes me think that we are ‘not alone’ out there and that someone shares the same problems as you do. Best of luck with your beauty regime** As I said on Facebook, you are beautiful, no matter what**

May 11, 2014 at 10:03 am (4 years ago)

You are definitely not alone! And thank you for sharing your story with me. I’ve said it so many times before but I swear by the PMD Personal Microderm (http://goo.gl/lefgXQ), which has minimised my large pores and smoothed out my skin. It has been one of the few things that has really helped. It’s a little pricey, but definitely consider giving it a try. All the best xx

Thank you for your comforting words!

5. blushandbarbells
    April 16, 2014 at 5:37 am (4 years ago)

I’m sorry. I started getting cystic acne when I was 9 or 10 (puberty hit me early and hard) and I know the feeling of shame. When I was 24 I took Accutane and that cleared me up for a long time. Now I get minor spots and occasional cystic bumps, but it’s nothing like it was before. I don’t feel comfortable without makeup, either.

Have you tried http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/? Lately I’ve been giving myself chemical peels and that’s helped quite a bit with splotches and scarring. I’ll probably never feel like I can go without foundation, but it’s an improvement. I know not everything works for everybody, but maybe it would help you too.

Good luck.

May 11, 2014 at 10:05 am (4 years ago)

I haven’t tried makeup artists choice before, but I am open to trying anything. This post has become so invaluable, there have been many great recommendations which I will all have to try.

I was speaking to a colleague recently about Accutane and I’ve heard it has been really successful for so many people!

Thank you so much! xx

6. Lilit
    April 16, 2014 at 12:15 pm (4 years ago)

Great story hun, thanks so much for sharing! And I do hope you find something that will work for you, I think you’re on the right path with the inside/out approach. I used to have pretty bad acne too in my early 20s and my dermatologist prescribed Roaccutane. I took it for 6 months, it was horrible, it dried out my skin, my eyes needed eye drops every 2hrs, my lips were peeling coz of how chapped they became, my skin became sensitive and thin… but it worked. After using it my acne completely disappeared and now 15yrs later still hasn’t come back. I get the occasional pimple, e.g. around that time of month, but it goes away in a couple of days with no scarring. So that’s what worked for me, and not being a doc I’m not going to recommend it to you, but thought I’d share my acne-journey as well :). All the best hun, xx

7. Debbie
    April 16, 2014 at 1:53 pm (4 years ago)

I too have been struggling with acne since I went off birth control pills. I went to see my dermatologist for help without going down any medication/antibiotic road, and she prescribed Retin-A which has been helping tremendously with preventing active breakouts and diminishing old scarring and hyper-pigmentation. The retinol combined with eliminating any kind of toxin that could mess with my hormones, has really made all the difference for me, and I was definitely feeling like I would be dealing with my acne FOREVER. Who knows, maybe it’s only temporary, but it’s worth trying out retinol if you haven’t before. Good luck and all the best! x

8. Ari
    April 16, 2014 at 3:22 pm (4 years ago)

Bravo to you for such an honest post like this. I know many girls wouldn’t even want to touch upon the topic of acne!

As for me, I’m thankful that my acne has never been severe (*knocks on wood*). I had the usual zits here and there as a growing teen, then was relieved to have almost wonderfully clear and healthy looking skin when I was starting out in college. Then about a year or two ago, I started breaking out. 2-3 zits would pop up often, usually after 1-2 I managed to make disappear. It was so frustrating and it just led me to piling on more makeup everyday to try and cover it all up! Aside from that, I had to deal with an uneven skin tone and large pores. To add insult to injury, any large zits would leave behind dark marks so I’d have to focus next on getting rid of those! In fairness, they’re easier to cover up…

All these zits, until now, are concentrated on my jawline though, so I knew this was a hormonal issue. I haven’t done so yet, but I do plan to visit the doctor to ask for something to take for the hormone imbalance and to really confirm if that is the issue here. I’m pretty sure it is though because even my menstrual cycle is wonky. What else could it be, right?

Anyway, fingers crossed I can get the whole thing sorted for me. I want nice looking skin again!

9. Tina
    April 17, 2014 at 3:47 am (4 years ago)

I wrote a long comment prior to this but it got stuck mid-publishing so I dunno if it went through πŸ™‚ Please let me know πŸ™‚

10. Tina
    April 17, 2014 at 3:57 am (4 years ago)

I could totally relate to your story.

I started my acne journey when I was 11. I’m 27 years old now. I guess it was pretty normal getting acne at that age since I was approaching puberty but my parents couldn’t stand the sight of it so they sent me to the dermatologist. It’s pretty normal here anyway so as early as 11, I was already consulting a doctor for treatments and medication (prescribed toners, creams etc) I was in that routine for 14-15 years? And I have to say it did my skin real good. However, it got bad when I started working and had a change of lifestyle. I wasn’t consistent with my routine anymore, ate bad food etc. So it all came back, what I worked on for so many years! It was so depressing. But I guess I was never the type who would conceal my imperfections. I wasn’t into makeup then. But I get criticized for it, mostly by my parents. LOL. When I started blogging and trying out all these products, it became worse! So this year, I stopped trying things and went back to my doctor and lo and behold, my skin is so much better!

My goal in life is to age gracefully and as much as possible, not to put much product on my face. It’s not too late to achieve that beautiful, healthy skin! I guess it’s a lifetime process πŸ™‚ Hold on, it’s not too late! We can do this! I’m with you πŸ™‚

11. Cindy Tong
    April 18, 2014 at 7:02 pm (4 years ago)

i feel you…lately i hv a lot of acne on my face and i am really worried…oh shit i should go to bed now before more acne popping out again!

12. Ling Zou
    April 18, 2014 at 10:56 pm (4 years ago)

You are absolutely beautiful and this was a really amazing post! My skin has became more pimply recently and it’s starting to get to me!

STAY STRONG <3

Love Ling
    Blog: happylingfish.blogspot.com

13. Lorna Mai (@TheColourQueen)
    April 18, 2014 at 11:48 pm (4 years ago)

I had no idea you had acne. Your photos are gorgeous. You’re stunning, even with the acne. Have you ever tried Environ? These are skin peels and products that doctors have created. I used to have acne scars and environ got rid of them completely. Also, at the moment I use Priori which is also created and used by cosmetic doctors. I know it sounds expensive but I would say its no more expensive than clinique and you don;t need to have the skin peels. Or you could have a couple of peels once every 6 months or so which is what I do.
    I really do feel for you though I think its a miserable thing to live with. I hope you get on top of it once again.

14. Aby
    April 19, 2014 at 6:33 am (4 years ago)

when i was on my puberty stage, i have a lot of acne. my mom decided to go to dermatologist too.. after a few session my pimple was gone.. my regimen will simple, always wash my face, toner and night or day cream πŸ™‚

-from gig
    Swirls and Scribbles

15. mollymia
    April 20, 2014 at 3:41 pm (4 years ago)

my plight is somehow similar to yours. puberty acne was never a problem for me. but once i hit adulthood (after 21 YO?) and bam! hello, adult acne. πŸ™
    for now, i can only rely on my monthly facial therapy to keep my skin relatively clear and cut makeup to bare minimum.
    giglove

16. Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie
    April 21, 2014 at 2:20 am (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing your story – It’s rare to hear the real background on someone’s skin story, you were brave to share! <3 GIGLove

17. Caroline Paris
    April 21, 2014 at 1:07 pm (4 years ago)

that’s a brave post…thanks for sharing…hope you finally find a complete cure..

18. enchantressnica
    April 21, 2014 at 1:53 pm (4 years ago)

Oh, dear. Thank you for honestly sharing this to us. Though I am blessed with a normal skin, I know your plight because I have seen it in my friends. I also told them not to use proactiv since I have heard a lot of negative reviews from it.

19. Marxie
    April 21, 2014 at 2:42 pm (4 years ago)

You’re so brave and honest to share this to all of us. I hope you can find a product that can help you soon.

20. yuhjiun
    April 21, 2014 at 3:12 pm (4 years ago)

Interesting and thanks for sharing this to us! I have acne problems since few years ago and I’m still searching for the right product for my skin πŸ™

21. agatapokutycka
    April 21, 2014 at 4:05 pm (4 years ago)

Brave post. I am glad you shared it. I am sure it will make some girls / women’s feel that they are not alone.
    You look lovely btw… even on UN-fillterd picture

22. Beauty Blogette
    April 21, 2014 at 4:25 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing your story. I can’t relate to it, because I have never had acne, but I believe they are not easy to bear with. I hope you will find the “magic key”.

23. nella
    April 21, 2014 at 5:02 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing your story. I have acne problem too. And it started since I was junior high school maybe. And since then till now, the acne is still my skin problem.

GIG Love,

24. Chaicy @ Style A Pastiche
    April 22, 2014 at 5:46 am (4 years ago)

I used to have the same problem too.. Cosmetics din’t help at all.. That’s when I switched to consuming 2 cups of Green Tea every day post lunch and dinner. This helped to a great extent .. Trust me you should try it as well.

25. Shumaila jaffer
    April 22, 2014 at 9:22 am (4 years ago)

oh i feel sad to hear your story πŸ™ Luckily i have no acne issue… and its genetic i think that we don’t have it… I so hope you find something that will work for you,

26. shehrzad
    April 22, 2014 at 4:02 pm (4 years ago)

Hi Kayekie,
    while reading your story i have tears in my eyes.I know what you are talking about.I know that anguish of looking different in a bad way.I can understand the longing to look like everyone else.I know the hesitation behind going out without makeup.I have fought acne too.A few years ago I found a partner in my fight and I really beat my acne finally.It was benzoyl perxoide.you must have used it or heard of it.Do read my full experience and products that work for me and how they worked here:

I hope you find this useful.

and hey you are gorgeous.You look so beautiful that I don’t need to tell you how blessed you are.Acne is a gift of modern day life for some girls with sensitive skin.We have to suffer it and put a brave face about it.
    Much love and kudos
    Stay blessed.

27. littlemsteacher
    April 23, 2014 at 7:39 am (4 years ago)

Didn’t know where to comment on this, so commented on Tine’s blog too, but basically, try Paula’s Choice skin stuff and taking Vitex.

Its not perfect by any means, I still have not the best skin, but at least its ‘can be seen in public’ skin and can be covered by make up, which is didn’t used to be able to, so a massive improvement.

Good luck! πŸ™‚

28. Tine
    April 23, 2014 at 9:22 am (4 years ago)

Thanks for sharing your story Kaye. From your photos, I wouldn’t be able to tell you’ve been suffering from acne. You’re gorgeous! And I bet you are in real life too.

I wish Proactiv wasn’t so easily available to everyone. I know that it works for a lot of people but it’s also really strong and abrasive on the skin. A dermatologist should be prescribing it! It’s not as fancy as the ads make it to be. Tim suffers from acne and has a lot of acne scarring on his cheeks. I was given a Proactiv kit years ago and I gave it to him to use since I thought it would work for him. He absolutely hated it. Said it was too abrasive on the skin.

I haven’t tried this before so I can’t strongly recommend it but I read that it works for people with acne: have you considered Fraxel? Just throwing it out there. πŸ™‚

Once again, love, you are GORGEOUS. x

29. Marisol
    April 23, 2014 at 5:04 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you for sharing your story Kaye. It is very brave of you. I too have my own skin story except the main character in mine is Melasma. Melasma is a hyperpigmentation of the skin caused by an imbalance of the sex hormones. Like you I have educated myself and scoured the markets, dermatologist’s office, and homeopathic care for relief but I have found none. Like you I am trying to make peace with my reality and move towards being comfortable in the skin I’m in. Remaining positive is a challenge. I have two daughters and I also carry the responsibility of being a good example to them about positive body image. I feel guilty much of the time because its a real struggle. I’m 36 and have been struggling with Melasma for 7 years. There is no cure, only temporary treatments that are both costly and toxic, and TEMPORARY. Dealing with something that is on your face is difficult, frustrating, and down right despairing at times. I understand that wholeheartedly! With all sincerity, I think you are a gorgeous woman, skin story and all. Warm greetings from the U.S. –Marisol

30. Nicol
    April 27, 2014 at 9:20 pm (4 years ago)

woah 740 on products?! it might be effective but it is way expensive in the long run. good luck in your adventure πŸ™‚

31. Rebekah
    April 28, 2014 at 1:14 am (4 years ago)

Wow, you would have to be so brave for coin this post! I never would have guessed you struggle with acne, you do an amazing job with your makeup. Hope you find the answers soon!

32. Kez
    April 30, 2014 at 12:57 pm (4 years ago)

I too had clear skin in my teens then BOOM, did Clinique 3 step, proactive, Dianne, dr prescribed lotion and many other things! My latest and most successful treatment is Moo Goo, the oil cleansing method combination skin cleanser and the purple anti aging face cream (without SPF – find it nicer on my skin than the one with SPF). Was hesitant about using the cleanser at first but absolutely love it and the texture of my skin has improved out of sight! For around $55 this is the best skin care around free of chemicals etc!

33. canadianpetite
    May 10, 2014 at 2:39 pm (4 years ago)

Been a lurker for a while but I am touched with your honesty and bravery for sharing your battle with acne. The first time I clicked on your website, I thought you were beautiful. With this revealing post, I think you are even more beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a vulnerable side.

May 11, 2014 at 2:17 am (4 years ago)

Hi Canadianpetite,

Firstly, thank you for being a lurker and also deciding to comment, its VERY nice to ‘meet’ you!

I really cant say thank you enough for the encouraging words. As much as I wanted to hide this side of my skin, I ended up thinking why? Truthfully, it’s incredibly freeing to put myself out there. Terrifying. But also nice to just be honest. No matter how things might look, nobody is perfect, right? πŸ™‚

I was really excited to read your comment, I don’t often get ‘lurkers’ to say hello, so once again thank you and feel free to drop me a line ANYTIME!

Kaye xx

34. VC
    May 21, 2014 at 10:54 pm (4 years ago)

I just found your blog today, and I’m glad I did! πŸ™‚ I’ve had acne since the 3rd grade, and I’m almost 29 now. Thanks for sharing your story, I know we’ll get our acne under control someday!

35. The Clumsy A
    November 12, 2014 at 10:57 am (3 years ago)

Hi!
    You should read about apple cider vinegar! I have just started to use it, but i heard sooo much about this “liquid miracle”. I even wrote a post about it, but it is in polish… Although don’t worry! There are tones and tones videos on youtube about apple cider vinegar treatment. If you try it, please let me know how it works for you.

36. Cassie Hale
    May 2, 2015 at 5:27 am (3 years ago)

Kaye, I know this is an old blog post but I have a similar story to yours. I’m 23 and have suffered from acne since I was 16 or so. I’ve tried everything from proactiv to birth control to retin-A. Last year I was searching for an answer to my skin because I was under a serious depression and almost wouldn’t want to leave the house. I stumbled upon a post about pantothenic acid (B5) and I started taking 10 grams(yes, grams) a day. It is water soluble so you cannot take too much. My skin has done a 360 turnaround and I have been able to lower my daily dosage but it is so worth it. Do your research and let me know if this works for you! It definitely saved me πŸ™‚

May 2, 2015 at 7:56 am (3 years ago)

Hi Cassie, thank you for sharing your story with me, you are my skin sister! I truly appreciate the recommendation and will definitely look into it. I am 100% open to what works for others, it’s usually the only way I’ve been introduced to products and treatments that I’ve never considered before. I’m so happy it worked for you, high five sista!! Much love to you, thank you for commenting xxoo