brighten and enhance eyes with online photo editor picmonkey

I’m always asked what I use to enhance eyes in my images. When I don’t have access or time to drag out Photoshop, I jump onto PicMonkey online. It’s eye brighten feature is by far the most stress free way to get the result you want. No need for layers, filters, or special skills. If you can swipe your mouse back and forth, you can use their eye enhancer. It’s practically fool-proof.

(PS – There’s also features like; eye tint, mascara, eye liner, eyebrow pencil, eye shadow, and red-eye remover if your into that too)

This post contains affiliate links

To begin:

1 – Go to picmonkey.com > hover over edit or touch up > select your image

Picmonkey eye brightener

note: eye brighten works by deepening dark colours, making whites brighter, boosting colours, and sharpening the area. For a realistic effect, touch up the eye colours and whites separately. This avoids making the whites of the eyes too intense but allows a sharp colourful iris.

2 – Navigate to touch up (lipstick icon) > scroll and select eye brighten

Picmonkey eye enhancer - brighten, sharpen, increase colour

3 – Choose your brush size & settings > click and hold, swiping back and forth over eye area

note: don’t worry, you can’t edit the same place twice, so swipe away and adjust the lighten/fade settings before pressing apply.

Picmonkey eye enhancer panel

4 – Apply to finish > save image

That’s all there is to it folks! Happy editing!

Picmonkey eye brightener

images edited with Radlab (Photoshop) & Picmonkey eye enhancer

7 Comments on BLOGGER PHOTO EDITING SECRETS: ENHANCE EYES

1. Natasha
    September 9, 2014 at 6:37 pm (3 years ago)

I love picmonkey! I was playing around with that feature the other day LOL. BTW Gorgeous picture!

October 2, 2014 at 3:21 am (3 years ago)

Ahh thank you! And I’m with you, Picmonkey is awesome xx

2. Brandie Sellers
    September 17, 2014 at 3:25 pm (3 years ago)

Your skin is amazing! And it looks so hydrated! Thanks for showing us this feature. I haven’t used it before but considering it now 🙂 Hope you’re well!

October 2, 2014 at 3:21 am (3 years ago)

Hi Brandie, how are you??! I hope all is going fantastic on your side of the world 🙂

Eye enhance (and all their other features) are so invaluable, my pleasure for showing this. I’d be more than happy to do more, feel free to give any suggestions for things you’d like to know. xx

• Brandie Sellers
        October 2, 2014 at 12:05 pm (3 years ago)

Everything is going well! It’s Fall here on my side! I hear Spring has arrived on yours?

October 3, 2014 at 4:08 am (3 years ago)

The cooler weather has well and truly left us *sob* and summer is here. I only cry because of the humidity. I would love to visit at this time, it is the beginning of my favourite time!

3. Brandie Sellers
    October 3, 2014 at 2:59 pm (3 years ago)

Mine as well! We’re still having some humidity where I am and I can’t wait until it’s gone! We’re waiting for even cooler days here 🙂